English about “small talk”
碰面
Hey, what have you been up to?
最近忙什麼?
How have you been?
最近忙什麼? (已是朋友)
Nothing much.
沒什麼
It’s been a while.
好耐無見啦
簡單hea回
That sounds great!
聽落幾好
That’s so true.
同意
I know how that feels.
我懂你的感受
Oh I say. 嘩正!
感謝
I really appreciate it.
非常感謝
I owe you one.
謝謝 這次我欠你
That’s really nice of you.
你人真好
Thanks a lot
謝謝 (反語)
I am so grateful.
感激
幫完人
It was the least I could do.
舉手之勞(別人多謝後回應)
等等
I am on my way.
Hold on
等等(自然)
I’m running a bit late.
我會遲到一下啊
道歉
I messed up.
我搞亂了
I didn’t mean it.
我不是故意的
安慰
Take you time.
慢慢來
Take it easy.
別緊張
Well, never mind.
當我無講過
It’s not a big deal.
沒什麼大不了
Don’t be upset.
別難過
推搪
I don’t feel like it.
我未有心情啊
I have plans already.
我已有事了
閃人
I have to get going.
我先行離開
Talk to you later.
I’ll get back to you later.
我等一下再跟你說
調解
Let’s agree to disagree.
就咁啦, 就大家各執己見吧
問意見
How does that sound?
聽落點啊?
Just let me know.
起動
Let’s grap a bite.
我們去吃東西吧
澄清
Don’t get me wrong.
別誤會我的意思
開玩笑
I’m just messing with you.
我只是在跟你開玩笑
講多次
What was that again?
你剛剛說什麼?
I’m sorry? 語氣上揚
What was that? 環境太嘈時間
Come again? 再說一次
Can you repeat that? 正式埸合
Would you mind repeating that for me?? 不如意思, 可以請你再說一次嗎?
Sorry, could you speak more slowly? 不好意思, 可以講慢一點嗎?
Would you mind slowing down a bit? 可以慢一點嗎?
Could you speak up, please? 可以大聲一點嗎?
Could you speak louder, please? 可以大聲一點嗎?
What do you mean by “XXX”
Could you clarify what you meant by “XXX”
Could you be more specific?
Sorry, I’m not following.
I didn’t get/catch that. 我不是很懂
I don’t quite understand what you mean. 我不是很懂
Just to confirm, you’re saying that…確認一下, 你是說…
生氣
That really gets on my nerves.
這真讓我很生氣
不在乎串人
I couldn’t care less.
我真的不在乎
疑惑
Is that so? 真的嗎?
Really?
Don’t tell me. 我才不信
Phrasal Verb
There they go off. 去了一個 除此地方外
kick the ball about. 等等
Land ahoy. 行船埋站大叫
It’s going drippity drip. 水滴滴
brack-a-brac 小擺設
roll up! roll up! 快來看
It’s neck and neck. 一個馬鼻位
creek 溪水
picnic hamper 野餐籃
The ducks always turn up when we have picnics 出現
pajamas 睡衣
Slugs are yucky. 令人討厭